Friday, September 11, 2009

The greatness of God

I am so not good at this blog thing. I think my last post was back in April. Sometimes I feel like my life is just not that interesting. But, today on the way home from our first WOW session ( for those of you who may not know that is our womens bible study that we have on Friday mornings at Crosspointe from 9:30 to 12. We have several classes offered this time, one of which I am co teaching) and I was just overwhelmed with the greatness of God. I began praising Him out loud and I heard my kids in the back seat agreeing with me. So I asked Haley why she thought God was great her response was" Because He is God and He died on the cross for us because He really wants us in heaven with Him forever" and Darrens was " because he is powerful and because He makes somethings out of nothings" Hearing their responses gave me so must joy. It amazes me to watch my kids and their innocence when it comes to God. Haley has such a love for Him already and it encourages me greatly, and Darren just thinks that God is the biggest, baddest, super hero of them all! But, it also reminds me of my grand responsibility! How else are they going to know Jesus if they don't see Him in me and if I don't portray Him in my actions? I am so thankful for my children!

No comments: